Monday, February 14, 2011

Website Critique

http://www.nike.com/jumpman23/balltalk/

Cool basketball site with an intro screen resembling tickets as options. Interesting to see how websites are evolving, as more and more have 3-D, video, and 2-D design. It's got a cool "choose-your-own" adventure feel, which makes the user interact with the video. I don't care about basketball, but it feels a bit more personal than just watching TV. My only issue with the navigation is that the bottom seems hidden when it's a really big aspect of the site. I'm surprised Nike didn't push harder to place their brand all over the site.

http://www.toyotapriusprojects.com/

Very contemporary website highlighting Toyota's projects. Sort of reminds me of a less-thought out Good infograph. The best part is the video for no. 6, really creative. Largest problem with the site is that it doesn't feel very interactive. It's a bunch of information that I feel like I'm seeing from far away, rather than being within it.

No comments:

Post a Comment