Sunday, January 30, 2011

Website Critique 2

http://www.monet2010.com/

Stunningly beautiful site, my jaw was dropped the moment I got past the typographically rich loading system. The perfect meeting point between gestural painting and sleek modernity. The ability to merge Monet's color pallets to the black and white system couldn't work better. I dig the type choices, and the website is pretty straight forward.

My main complaint is in the "journey," where we are required to perform some gimmicky performances to view paintings. It's not very intuitive, nor is it particularly enjoyable.

http://www.diesel.com/freshandbright/

A novelty site for a Diesel product. Some interesting juxtoposition between video/photo and a cartoon-like style. Art direction works pretty well, but it's annoying that a new tab opens when you click many of the buttons. Some pretty funny concepts, but there's little depth and merely surface thought. No reason to come back, but I suppose they just want you to laugh and pull out the credit card. There are options to send it to your friends, but I don't see the incentive. No "rewards"

No comments:

Post a Comment